Applications are only accepted for the winter semester. The application deadline is 20 September.
Please note: The RCC Lunchtime Colloquium and the Reading Course are both mandatory modules taking place on Thursdays from 12:30 pm to 15:30 pm. Please double-check prior to your application if you are able to attend this module over two semesters.
The following documents must be submitted via our online portal:
- A confirmation of university enrollment ("Immatrikulationsbescheinigung") for the following winter term. If you have not received your confirmation of university enrollment yet, you can hand it in once you have received it. Please upload the acceptance letter into your master's program instead.
Please note: You are only eligible if you are enrolled in a single, not multiple majors.
- A CV including your course of study (“Studiengang”) and your main focus of study (“Studienschwerpunkt”)
- A copy of your Bachelor's degree diploma or other first academic degree (Vordiplom or other intermediate exam, confirming at least 180 ECTS points of prior qualifications). If you have not received your degree yet, please upload your latest transcript of records.
- A short essay in English (ca. 750 words - max. 1000 words) addressing the following question:
Please discuss what you judge to be the single most pressing environmental problem (other than climate change and plastic in the oceans) and how an interdisciplinary approach could help us to better address this problem.
Your argument should also be based on at least one, preferably two of the three following content areas of the certificate program:
- Environmental History and Society
- Environmental Politics and Ethics
- Human Ecology and Natural Sciences
- Good English language skills, with the ability to demonstrate at least B2 level or higher according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (for example, TOEFL exam, IELTS, CAE or similar; for more information see FAQ)
Online application process
Applicants are required to fill out an online form (available in German and English). You will find the form by selecting the following options:
- I want to fill out a form/Ich möchte ein Formular ausfüllen
- RCC Environmental Studies
- registering for an account
- start filling out the form
Erasmus Students have different registration modalities.
An admissions committee made up of the members of the academic board as well as the coordinator for the Environmental Studies Certificate Program will review the applications.
Students will be informed about the result of the selection procedure by e-mail.
The acceptance letter must be presented to the LMU's Studentenkanzelei, along with the other paperwork after the student is admitted into the Environmental Studies Certificate Program.