Applications are only accepted for the winter semester. The application deadline is 20 September.
The following documents must be submitted via our online portal:
- confirmation of university enrollment (“Immatrikulationsbescheinigung”, If you have not received your confirmation of university enrollment yet, you can hand it in once you have received it. Please upload the acceptance letter into your master's program instead.)
- a CV with a detailed description of your previous course of study
- a copy of your Bachelor's degree diploma or other first academic degree (Vordiplom or other intermediate exam, confirming at least 180 ECTS points of prior qualifications). If you have not received your degree yet, please upload your latest transcript of records.
- a short essay in English or German (ca. 750 words - max. 1000 words) addressing the following question: Please discuss what you judge to be the single most pressing environmental problem other than climate change and how an interdisciplinary approach might help us to better address this problem. The essay should also refer to one or more of the core areas in the certificate program:
- Environmental History and Society
- Environmental Practice
- Environmental Politics and Ethics
- Human Ecology and Natural Science
- good English language skills, with the ability to demonstrate at least B2 level or higher according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (for example, Abitur results, TOEFL exam or similar; for more information see FAQ)
Online application process
Applicants are required to fill out an online form (available in German and English). You will find the form by selecting the following options:
- I want to fill out a form/Ich möchte ein Formular ausfüllen
- RCC Environmental Studies
- registering for an account
- start filling out the form
Erasmus Students have different registration modalities.
An admissions committee made up of the members of the academic board as well as the coordinator for the Environmental Studies Certificate Program will review the applications.
Students will be informed about the result of the selection procedure by e-mail.
The acceptance letter must be presented to the LMU's Studentenkanzelei, along with the other paperwork after the student is admitted into the Environmental Studies Certificate Program.